The AM was released by Ibanez for the first time in the early ”80s. Though smaller in size than other semi-hollow bodies, this guitar provides warm, punchy tone and abundant sustain. It offers the added benefit being compact enough that players more accustomed to a solid body electric will feel right at home on this popular Artcore model.
- Artcore Expressionist - For more than a decade, Ibanez has continued to energize the hollow-body market with wide range of designs including everything from rockin' semi-hollow hybrids to straight-up traditional jazz-boxes. The Artcore Expressionist line established yet another chapter in the Artcore story. The Expressionist difference? Jazz fans will recognize the Ibanez original Super 58, the preferred pickup of George Benson, Pat Metheny and John Scofield on their own Signature models. A favorite among jazz players, but as funk guitarist Eric Krasno has been proving, the Super 58s perform well in a variety of situations. Warmth, balanced articulation, and excellent response are defining characteristic the Super 58 pickups.
- 3pc Nyatoh/Maple neck The 3pc Nyatoh/Maple Neck provides a rich mid-low end and great resonance.
- Macassar Ebony fretboard Macassar Ebony produces tight lows and mid range along with strong attack in the highs and quick response with rich sustain.
- Medium frets Medium sized frets enhance the accuracy of your notes.
- Linden top / Linden back and sides Linden delivers a natural and flat, yet accurate, tone.
- Super 58 pickups Super 58 pickups feature moderate output and vintage tone.
- Gibraltar Performer bridge The Gibraltar Performer bridge provides rich sustain and tuning stability. The low-positioned saddles promise comfortable playability.
- VT06 tailpiece The artistically-designed VT06 tailpiece provides both great tuning stability and rich sustain.
- Tri-sound switch The Tri-sound switch gives a humbucker pickup three different sounds, expanding the versatility of your guitar.
SIGN UP FOR OUR VIP LIST!
Want first dibs on new arrivals, store specials and events? Get the scoop here!